Wednesday 22 January 2014

Bali - Part 2

So the first day/night in Bali was kinda ruined by various factors, but we have our fair share of fun despite wasting a day. The most fruitful thing we had done in day 1 was to meet our driver, Dona, who faithfully drove and introduced us to popular places in Bali. Catch Part 1 here if you've missed it!

We totally had no idea where to start with in Bali and since I did some homework online, we decided to go ahead with whatever that I had found interesting and then relied on Dona for more introductions. The first thing that I researched on was FOOD! And when comes to food, we always look forward to ladyironchef's recommendations. Thank god, he had went to Bali at least 4 times in the past year and have provided me with many many yummy food to consider throughout the trip!

For second day, we decided to visit Seminyak! The weather was slightly better with light frequent drizzles. Dona, being considerate, brought us to Seminyak Square to shop around first while waiting for lunch time to come, where we have our nice yummy pork ribs and grilled chicken *slurps* (More of the food below)





Hmm, we didn't shop around Seminyak Square though. We briefly looked around and didn't see many shops within the small mall. Partly due to the rain, many of the outdoor vendors covered their goods with cloth and so we were left with those slightly expensive indoor stalls. We stepped out of the Seminyak Square premises, with my handy umbrella haha, and walked down the other stores along the road.

I was happy that I managed to find nice and cheap accessories in those stores as throughout the Bali trip, we didn't go on any shopping sprees or whatsoever. It was mainly viewing sceneries and getting dirty. Haha.

Bali's traffic can be quite terrible. It is not as regulated as what we have in SG and most of the time, you will find yourself wasting time on traffic jams.

I thought this cat was a fake cat due to its posture. Only until it started moving its head, then I realized it's real LOL!





For lunch, we had it at Naughty Nuri's Warung. Google it and you can find many positive reviews on this restaurant. Ladyironchef did a short review on this too. As mentioned earlier, I read through ladyironchef's reviews and I told myself this was one of the must-go-must-eat places. So ta-da, we went there!



All we know was we must try their pork ribs but we were clueless about the other dishes. But promotion packages always save us from the trouble! We decided to get this Xmas package and add one extra - Grilled Chicken - to share.

While waiting for our food to come, we decided to take pictures!




Bintang beer
It is widely available in Bali and it is CHEAP! And I would say I prefer this over Tiger or Carlsberg.

Sweet potato as appetizer.


The famous pork ribs! Looking at it now makes me drool. I like the marinated sauce that they applied on the ribs. Has that sweet taste to it.

Grilled chicken.
Hmm, I didn't really like this dish. Reason because it has this smoky taste to it, which I personally do not like it. And pork ribs ftw! :D

Chocolate Mousse for dessert.


Naughty Nuri's Warung
Jalan Batubelig 41, Kerobokan
Seminyak, Bali
Tel: +62 361 8476722

Really, do visit this place if possible. You won't regret especially after you tried their pork ribs. In fact, this should be the only dish that makes me think of it every now and then, after I returned back to SG.

Will be back with part 3 soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment